Welcome to our adoption blog. It is our deepest and most heartfelt wish to be parents. We would like to share our journey with you and invite you to participate in making our wish come true. Most believe that the stork brings the baby, but in our case, we believe the cranes will!

Monday, August 1, 2011

Key of Hope

I spent a lovely day at the Ringling Art and Circus museum with some new friends - a young girl and her aunt. It was delightful and fun to remember the many times I have been there with my grandparents, parents, students, and friends. It is truly a beautiful place. I dream of one day taking our child there to see the miniature circus and historical art galleries, stroll through the rose garden and sit under the banyan trees. I feel so hopeful that we will be doing that soon!
On the way home, I stopped at a local gift shop that carries all sorts of things, including some origami peace cranes. I reread the story of Sadako and am reminded that life is precious, that each of us has a particular gift (or gifts) that we are here to offer, and that we have a choice of how to use these gifts. I pray each day that I am guided to be the best steward of that which I am given. We have many blessings for which to be grateful and tonight we are humbled by the generosity of our cousins and loved ones near and far. Thank you for your loving and abundant support. The cranes that Sadako folded when she was praying for peace and healing are the same cranes that we are folding to symbolize hope. They are just symbols, representing something much greater than ourselves in which we believe. May they be received with the intention of hope, peace, and love that is in our hearts for each of you.

On Sunday, Tony and I went to church with some friends. Pastor Larry spoke of  the key of hope. He said:
           Living without hope is like trying to drive a car forward
           and only looking in the rear view mirror."

The road we have traveled is full of bumps and turns around which we could not see. Saturday it will be three years since my uterus ruptured and we lost our second pregnancy. Just two and half years since a dear loved one tried to carry our third child for us and then lost it. These are the reasons we took the "adoption" exit on our road. We remember how our parents, cousins, aunts, uncles, and friends were by our sides the whole time. I cannot even type this without wells of gratitude and humility forming in my eyes and heart. There are no sufficient words. Although I think we have always moved forward, sometimes we were looking back. It is time to look out of the front windshield now so we can drive our car forward on this road to parenthood. So, we called to begin our home study and can hopefully move through it without too many bumps or detours. Maybe some great tunes on the radio will make the drive easier, too. Thanks for taking this road trip with us; here we go!

With hope, love, and peace,
Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment