Welcome to our adoption blog. It is our deepest and most heartfelt wish to be parents. We would like to share our journey with you and invite you to participate in making our wish come true. Most believe that the stork brings the baby, but in our case, we believe the cranes will!

Thursday, July 28, 2011

Three Cranes

Getting in the car last night, I looked up at the three cranes hanging from my rearview mirror and realized just how long it has been since we have had this intention to be parents. I learned to make origami cranes six years ago and hung my first crane with two others on a wire with some beads from the rearview mirror. Their colors are a bit faded now, but they still represent for me the same they did then - Tony, myself, and the child we have always hoped to bring into the world. Every time I look at them, that is what I think. (It sometimes helps me find my car in the parking lot, too)

The power of intention is great and ours has been magnified by including all of you through our blog. Thank you for the positive thoughts and faith filled prayers. When we started trying to have a baby, we never dreamed we would travel the road we have. Many of you know some of the details of the path we've been on and for others, we will share more along the way but right now, I just want to say that only God could lead us through this; creating twists and turns that we never imagined possible. The only thing left to do is surrender to the process and take each step as consciously as we can.

Each time I fold a crane, an intention is made; An intention for whom I fold and an intention to bring our baby home. It's a beautiful thing; I'm folding two more today!

No comments:

Post a Comment