Welcome to our adoption blog. It is our deepest and most heartfelt wish to be parents. We would like to share our journey with you and invite you to participate in making our wish come true. Most believe that the stork brings the baby, but in our case, we believe the cranes will!

Friday, September 9, 2011

Parents Moving Down

We are excited this week because we will soon get to be with my parents MUCH more! My parents announced this week that they are going to move to Florida! I could not be happier - this is amazing news. I always imagined having my mom around when I had a baby - and now I will! Of course, the timeline on both counts is still uncertain, but it will be sooner than later in the long run. It has been 12 years since we lived in the same town and it is LONG enough!
While learning about grief and loss in teh adopted child, I revisit some of the grief and loss that I experienced as a child because since I was five and my parents were divorced, I always lived away from at least one of my parents. It's a challenging thing to make sense of when you're a child. I know that it all worked out for the best in the long run (they are both still married to the wonderful people they met after they broke up). I would not trade ANY of my parents (and I'm blessed to have 4) for anything. I can only say that being apart from ALL of them these past 12 years has been difficult for me and I feel already, with the prospect of them moving closer, a little gap closing inside. A healing begin. A soothing spring cleansing something inside.
Our baby will be blessed to have four grandparents right here in Sarasota and for that, my eyes tear up and my chest heaves. It is an amazing blessing!
And looking at this picture from a few years ago - it will be much warmer for them and the "critters". :)

With love and hope,
Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment